The Kuki-Zo Council (KZC) has announced the withdrawal of the social boycott imposed on Kuki-Zo MLAs who participated in the formation of the Manipur government earlier this year.In a statement issued on May 20, the council said the decision to lift the boycott had come into effect immediately following a review of the prevailing situation and discussions within the organisation. The Kuki-Zo Council stated that the social boycott was originally imposed on February 5, 2026, based on a resolution adopted by the council’s cabinet.
According to the statement, the council later reconsidered the matter due to what it described as the “pressing need for all to work and stand together” during the current situation in Manipur. The council said that after detailed deliberations and a meeting resolution adopted on April 29, 2026, it decided to revoke the boycott against the MLAs.
“With immediate effect, the social boycott imposed on the Kuki-Zo MLAs who participated in the formation of the Manipur Government stands cancelled,” the statement said.
